TRUST DEED OBJECTS
The Te Matau ā Māui Health Trust (the Trust) was established in January 2011 with objects to:
- Acquire and hold all the shares in Health Hawke’s Bay Limited.
- Act as a careful, prudent, and responsible shareholder of the Company.
- Appoint or remove directors of the Company.
- Recognise the objectives of the Company to:
- Improve community health outcomes in the Hawke’s Bay region.
- Reduce inequalities in health outcomes within this population.
- Consolidate and integrate services so as to meet the needs of this population.
There are ten Trustees appointed:
- Two by the Hawkes Bay Faculty, Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners.
- One by the Hawkes Bay Primary and Community Care Nurse Leads Group – Manu Tāpuhi
- Three by Ngāti Kahungunu Iwi Inc.
- Four (one each) by the Territorial Local Authorities within Hawkes Bay.
Current Trustees and their Appointers are:
Hawkes Bay Faculty RNZCGP
Primary Care Nurses
Ngati Kahungunu Iwi Inc
Central Hawkes Bay District Council
Trish Giddens (Chair)
Wairoa District Council
Hastings District Council
Napier City Council
TRUST RELATIONSHIP WITH HHB BOARD
The HHB Constitution requires the Directors to (within one month of the beginning of the financial year) provide the Trust with an annual Statement of Intent which will:
- Outline the outcomes or objectives that the Company seeks to achieve.
- Indicate how the organisational health and capability of the Company is to be managed.
- Define the main non-financial and financial measures and standards by which the performance of the Company may be judged.
The Trust and HHB Board have a Relationship Agreement that provides for:
- Joint understanding of shareholder expectations.
- HHB Board and Company annual performance reporting.
- Trust and HHB communications.
- Transparency of HHB Director appointment process.
The HHB Board Chair attends and presents an update report to each of the four Trust meetings held each year.
HHB holds an Annual General Meeting each year, at which a nominated Trustee attends as the shareholder representative.