Referrals and claims are now in separate forms.
Complete a referral form to refer a patient to:
- the PHO to select an external provider
- the PHO to refer to a preferred external provider (as specified in the referral form)
- advise that a patient has been referred to a credentialed Mental Health Nurse working in the practice
The referral form requires the provider to complete a PHQ9 questionnaire with the patient.
Referrals are submitted and show in Halcyon as accepted requiring review until triaged/referred by the PHO.
If the provider also wants to claim for the referral consult they must complete a claim form.
A referral to a credentialed nurse must be managed by the practice.
Please notify the credentialed nurse that a referral has been made.
A claim form should be completed for mental health consults by GPs, NPs or credentialed nurses.
Credentialed Mental Health Nurse
Credentialed nurse referrals are managed by the practice.
- The GP or NP completes a referral – on the Referral Details tab in the Referrer Type field select Credentialed Nurse
- The GP or NP notifies the credentialed nurse
- The credentialed nurse takes up the referral and sees the patient
- The credentialed nurse completes a claim form