What is Clinical Triage?
Clinical triage is a way of handling requests for same-day appointments.
- When a patient calls a practice they get through the first time
- Patients get help over the phone from their doctor so they don’t always need to come into the practice
- Patients get booked into an appointment on the day if they need one
- Patients receive the right care at the right place and at the right time
Outcomes for the patient:
- Provide alternative face-to-face consults
- Free-up doctor time for patients that NEED to see a doctor
- Ensure patients are seeing the right person
- Manage workflow more efficiently
- Avoid unnecessary visits to the practice
- Increase patient satisfaction
- Increase capacity for routine, preventative and proactive care for those with complex needs
What are the benefits of Clinical Triage?
- We value the patient’s time
- We provide other options for access to care
- We are enabling patient choice
- We will improve business efficiency
- We will increase the capacity to cope with acute demand
We will free up time for proactive and planned care