COMPASS SEMINARS – Dealing with Big Feelings: Facilitating emotional regulation with children & young people, Wednesday 12 August 2020, Napier Conference Centre
Some of the specific areas Dr. Emma Woodward will discuss include:
- The neurobiological perspective of emotions and their specific purpose.
- What is emotional regulation and why is it so important?
- A tool-box full of emotional regulation strategies and skills and how to practically utilise them in your work with children and young people.
- Considerations for facilitating emotional regulation in a trauma informed manner with children who have faced adverse childhood events.
COMPASS SEMINARS – Post Traumatic Success – solution-focused approaches to trauma and grief – a two-day intensive training, 10 & 11 September 2020, Distinction Hotel Rotorua, 390 Fenton Street, Glenholme, Rotorua
Some of the key content areas that Michael Durrant will discuss include:
- How to shift the focus of treating trauma from reducing distress and surviving, to positively thriving.
- When and how to balance the need for clients to look forward as a more useful focus, whilst allowing space for looking back in creative, helpful ways.
- How to explore client’s contrasting notions of ongoing damage with the idea that people who have suffered abuse and trauma can build new views of self, and possibilities for a successful future.
- Why the solution focused assertion that the problem and the solution are not necessarily connected, challenges many common beliefs of trauma, loss and grief.
- How transforming belief to encompass the possibility of change, draws attention away from feelings of blame and disempowerment.
REGISTER HERE Price $499.00
Biennial National Respiratory Conference, 5 and 6 November 2020 at Te Papa, Wellington.
- Link to the conference and programme is AVAILABLE HERE.
- A huge feature of this year’s conference is the release of the New Zealand Adolescent and Adult Asthma Guidelines, as well as the release of the first ever New Zealand COPD guidelines. We have a dynamic group of speakers presenting new research and insights, all leaders and innovators in their respective fields.
- The conference is also 10 CPD Points accredited. Please note early bird rates are available until Monday, 27 August 2020.